Each year St Peter’s ‘tithes’, or gives away, 10% of its income – money received in freewill offerings, the ‘weekly collection’ if you like, and related Gift Aid tax recovery. At their December meeting the PCC gives 25% of the total to a home mission agency and 25% to an overseas mission agency. The remaining 50% is then divided equally between 8 other charitable organisations, 4 home based and 4 overseas.
This year the Church gave away £8,000 and allocated it as follows:
- £2,000 (25%) to Christian Aid
- £500 to the Bible Society
- £500 to the Leprosy Mission
- £500 to Water Aid
- £500 to the Funzi and Bodo Trust